My Stuff: Software & hardware I can't live without
I am not sure why anyone would be interested but I have been asked what I use on my system. There are things I have installed and use that I would not want to be without. The software and hardware make my job easier and I use them daily or often.
- BBEdit is a high-performance HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. It is designed and crafted for the editing, searching, transformation, and manipulation of text. BBEdit provides an array of general-purpose features which are useful for a wide variety of tasks, and includes many features which have been specifically developed in response to the needs of Web authors and software developers.
- Fetch is a Macintosh program for transferring files over networks, such as the Internet, using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) or SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). Fetch 5 includes all the standard features of a modern FTP/SFTP client, presented in a user interface that is simple and easy to use.
- Mouse Locator by 2point5fish is a highly visible locator instantly reveals your Mouse position.
- NetNewWire is my news reader. It works very well. Currently it is at v.3.3.2.
- Parallels Desktop for Mac lets you seamlessly run Windows and Mac OS X side-by-side, drag-and-drop your files between operating systems, and run Windows software on your Apple computer without rebooting.
- Preview makes it easy to read Portable Document Files (PDFs) and open popular image files (including JPEG, TIFF, and PNG). Learn about Previews essential editing capabilities, such as resizing, rotation, cropping, and annotating PDFs and images. Preview opens a variety of graphics documents. Using Preview, you can view, edit, annotate and combine files and share them when you're done.
- The RSL Digital Fidelity One speaker system will amaze you in a couple of ways. First is the sound. Finally, your computer will reproduce music with clarity rivaling expensive stereo systems! Secondly, the low price will surprise you! The entire system is only $59.95 + shipping & handling.
- Time Machine automatically saves up-to-date copies of everything on your Mac -- photos, music, videos, documents, applications, and settings. If you ever have the need, you can easily go back in time to recover anything.
- GraphicConverter has more than 1.5 million loyal users worldwide – from amateur photographers to professional designers. The Press has dubbed this program the equivalent of the "Swiss Army Knife" describing it as the "Universal Genius for photo editing on the Mac."